WELCOME TO

SILVER TRUMPET

SILVER TRUMPET JEWELLERY AND DESIGNS

by Andrea Rose

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

It's getting lighter!

Greetings from the hazy and sunny East Side...
I walk my dog at about 6:30 a.m. everyday. For the past several months we've gone in the dark, shaving a few minutes off each time to get back inside out of the cold. But in the past few days there has been a marked difference. It is getting lighter earlier. And my favourite bird has started to sing its song, just like every Spring. So now we're stretching the walks out and getting our hearts beating again.

I haven't checked in for awhile, but have been busy. My jewellery is coming along well. I have some new ideas for Spring and Summer and am waiting for supplies to come in the mail, which is taking ages. I want to work some copper plated materials in to my pieces now and the bits and bobs I need are literally crawling across the continent to arrive here. This is ok. I have made some glass earrings, Italian Millefiori, gotten them into the stores. I am now working on some charm pendants using more of my antique buttons along with some pewter charms I received from a girl in Austria. Beautiful old boots and shoes and teapots. Victorian themed, so close to my heart. These little shank buttons I have are coming in so handy as I can fasten them to colourful backings and make them into mini pendants. I love the endless possibilities.

My personal goals at the moment consist of getting more exercise, eating a little more regularly, and trying out some yoga. All of these are things I forget about as I sit at the table working on my pieces all day. By the end of the day I often feel tired, but this is not the actual case. If I go for a good walk at the end of the day I will get a second wind. Listen to your doctor, Andrea.

The jewellery making has carried me through a year of ups and downs, it has kept me afloat and able to stay part of the world. They say studies show that working with your hands can help depression, and when I put this to the test, it could not be more true. To take the focus off myself and pour it into a passion, is the best form of therapy that exists. So I will do my best to keep on keeping on.


No comments:

Post a Comment